Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Theater District Open House

I don't have a talent for writing. I type stuff that falls from my brain to my fingers and sometimes I try to organize the words. But usually the only stuff that comes out is boring factual stuff. Still, I enjoy watching the arts.

We went to the Theater District Open House today. For the cost of parking, we were able to enjoy world class ballet, opera, stage combat, and symphony, all in the space of a few hours. I even managed to drag myself away from the enticing ticket prices by reminding myself of all the $$$ that we've recently spent repairing and replacing appliances in the house.

The girls had a fabulous time, and Wander even came along. He slept through most of the performances, except for the sword fighting. Sparkle enjoyed dressing up in all the costumes, and Glitter's dancing in the seats had the couple behind us smiling at her for the entire show.

A rare picture of all four of us.


Sparkle with a dancer from the ballet company.


Wander, Glitter, and Sparkle watching a show.


Glitter in one of the most expensive seats in the house. Please don't fall over the edge.


Sparkle and Glitter romping in fake flowers on stage.


Sparkle in dress-up again.


More dress-up for Sparkle.


Face painting! A pink and purple butterfly for Glitter -- her favorite colors.


An orange and green butterfly for Sparkle.


Theater games. I had to prod Sparkle to join the group, but once she did, she had fun.


Wander awake -- it's the sword fighting.


Sword fighting!


The finale was a concert featuring songs that Sparkle and Glitter actually recognized, thanks to Themes to Remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment