Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, March 30, 2013

PSIA 2013

This was our second year participating in the academic contest that is PSIA. It's 19 different academic tests fro grades 1-8. This year Sparkle got ribbons in Math (6th place) and Music Memory (2nd place). Glitter was also old enough to participate, and I signed her up for Creative Writing. She didn't place in that, but due to another family dropping out she was able to compete in Math and Music Memory. She got 3rd place in Math out of three kids, but she was competing a grade level ahead. She also got 4th in Music Memory, competing two grade levels ahead.

Sparkle was happy to add her 2nd place medal to her collection of medals, but will be unable to go to the State meet because it is the same day as her dance recital.

We had a wonderful team this year, and the other families did a wonderful job of watching my kids when I was busy fulfilling my required volunteer hours. I didn't get a group picture because I was too floored by finding out how well the girls did think straight.

We celebrated by going out to eat, and we even let the girls have sodas at the buffet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment