Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

home on Wednesday

End of an era.

For the past five years, Wednesday meant playgroup. I started going to our church's playgroup when Sparkle was one year old. When Glitter arrived, I brought her along as well. Playgroup was a routine part of our lives. If I ever babysat on Wednesdays, I just brought the other kiddos along. I picked the preschool program for the girls in part because it was a Tuesday/Thursday program and wouldn't interfere with playgroup.

However, this whole last year we've been slipping away from playgroup. It just got too hard to homeschool Sparkle while also taking a huge chunk of time out of the middle of the week. We kept arriving at playgroup later and later each week. Then in the spring, the girls and I got sick, and there were some holidays, and we ended up not going for a few weeks.

It has been many weeks since we last attended playgroup, and the girls no longer ask for it. It's sad in a way, but the schedule also seems to flow better for me. It was really hard to make it to playgroup this past year with Sparkle in kindergarten and towering over the other kids. Next year would be even harder with Sparkle in first grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment