Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

hurray for Sparkle

I was puzzled by the envelope from the Renaissance Festival. Earlier in the year I had gotten tickets to school days, their study guide, and acceptance of Sparkle's entry in their poetry contest. However, now that school days was over, I wasn't expecting anything.

Turns out Sparkle got an "honorable mention / special commendation - Homeschool Division" in the poetry contest. I'm not sure what it means, since the regular honorable mentions were announced at the fair, but this one wasn't. My optimistic side is shouting hurray, she did great. My pessimistic side is wondering if there were only four contestants or it is just a nicely worded participation award.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for the award anyway. She worked for this one. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete