Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

books

For most of my life I've enjoyed the same type of books that I read in 6th grade: girly books and bold adventures. Although high school and college made me read many other books, the books I went back to over and over again always had the same themes and heroes.

Recently, I think my taste in books has finally grown up a little. Suzanne Collins's Hunger Games trilogy has caught my attention. These are not books that my 6th grade self would have enjoyed or appreciated. These books help me understand the difference between a protagonist who is a hero and one who isn't. My 6th grade self wanted heroes. My current self likes more ambiguity. Maybe that is why I find saint stories unfulfilling.

I guess I've graduated from the juvenile fiction stacks to the young adult stacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment