Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Monday, December 20, 2010

book club

We tried attending a book club for homeschoolers at the library. The librarian remembered us from when she worked at our library, and she greeted us warmly. The kids, ranging in ages from 7 to 12, had fun, quirky personalities. The kids took turns and were generally respectful when others were talking. (I didn't get to experience this type of discussion where you don't have to raise your hand before saying anything until I was in college.) Sparkle was shy and chose to raise her hand and wait for the librarian to call on her, but she enjoyed the experience and spoke loudly enough that everyone could hear. I'm looking forward to going again. It will take some work for Sparkle to read the book for next time, but it's a really rich book and I look forward to hearing what the kids have to say about it.

Unfortunately, the club does not meet at our usual library. It meets at a much nicer library. I got a serious case of library envy (very similar to the pantry envy I get whenever I see a decent pantry).

No comments:

Post a Comment