Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

math drill

I found some iPhone apps that I like for math drill! Yay, no more printing out math drill worksheets. Even better, no more correcting math drill worksheets.

Math Drills by Instant Interactive ($1.99)
This app is good for drilling math facts.
I like that it includes all four operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and a "mixed" mode where the student has to pay attention to the current operation. I also love that you can totally customize exactly which facts are drilled. For example, I've taught Sparkle all of her addition and subtraction facts, but she also knows a handful of multiplication facts, and even some division facts. I can customize the drill to include only the facts I've taught. I can also set up multiple students with their own profiles, so when Glitter is ready for math fact drill, I can set her up with facts just for her.

Math Carries by Matt Hunter ($0.99)
This app is good for drilling multi-digit addition and subtraction.
I like the way this app deals with showing carrying and borrowing.


Sparkle is a long ways away from multi-digit multiplication and long division, but there are apps out there for practicing those skills too.

No comments:

Post a Comment