Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Glitter's Prayer

Glitter wrote this prayer today while I did school with Sparkle. Glitter would write a little, bring it to me and read it, and then go off and add more. Eventually she taped together three pieces of paper before she was done. I have preserved her spelling, capitalization, and spacing.

*****************

In the name uf the foter and the
Lord is whith us
God thac you for oll the
thegs. That you mad.
For givus are sins.
And Love us all.
olso and in heven. Amen.
In the Lod rgod
to thak him in
are hots. Amen.
[picture of a cross]
God I Pray I thak
you for diyeing on
the cros Ples help
me tolern a bou you.
God I tri to
understand you
When I am
frustradid a.
Bot you.
[picture of a person]
God I lve you
vare mush and I
wil srve you. for
ever. Amen.
I sal sorv you
for ever in my
lif. Amen
[picture of a big cross]

*****************

Here is my translation:

***
In the name of the Father, and the Lord is with us.
God, thank you for all the things that you made.
Forgive us our sins and love us all, also and in heaven. Amen.
In the Lord God to thank him in our house. Amen.
God, I pray, I thank you for dying on the cross. Please help me to learn about you. God, I try to understand you when I am frustrated about you.
God, I love you very much and I will serve you forever. Amen.
I shall serve you for ever in my life. Amen.

*****************

I like this prayer. It shows what Glitter thinks about God. It also shows that her command of the English language is slowly improving, even though she has a long way to go. Even Wander was able to decode her writing with only a tiny bit of help.

The moral of the story: Kids do surprising things when they have (almost) unlimited access to paper, pencils, and tape.

1 comment:

  1. launguage's main purpose is so that we can know Him and talk with Him. She is on the ball. Her prayer is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete