Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Me, Me, Me

This blog is for me, me, me. So I am going to go ahead and start posting stuff even if I don't have the time or inclination to make sense. I'm going to start posting even without pictures or even if the pictures are stuck on the camera. Why not. It's my blog and I'm writing it for me.

So, today we carved pumpkins. It was fun. I picked up the pumpkins at the grocery store on Friday. I was a bit sad about not having Wander with us as we picked up pumpkins. However, we were running out of time to carve pumpkins, and Wander had expressed concern about when we would get them. I missed the experience of all four of us picking out pumpkins together, however, the girls had fun picking out their pumpkins and picking out a pumpkin for daddy.

We carved the pumpkins in the front driveway. It was chilly. I moved into a sunny spot. It went quickly. It was morning, so we didn't light candles in them and take gobs of pictures like previous years. Sad.

This fall has felt so pressed and squeezed. Too many activities. Too many worthwhile things to do. Not enough time to unwind, relax, and find my groove.

Sparkle had her Nutcracker rehearsal today. It was really stressful because she missed the previous rehearsal because we went camping. They tried on costumes, but Sparkle didn't try on hers. I was confused until Sparkle explained that a new costume would be sewn for her. Ta Da. That's why they didn't fit Sparkle for a costume. They knew I could sew and figured that it would be easiest to have me sew her costume versus having one of the other moms sew a costume.

So while I'm thrilled that I get to sew Sparkle's costume, I'm also concerned about the additional work. Only three more weeks of rehearsals.

I thought about inviting my brother to visit for Thanksgiving, but I just can't handle more this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment