Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Just home from Midnight Mass.

It was the first time trying to take the kids to midnight mass. To prepare we had everyone take a nap after supper. Wander snored on the sofa. Glitter asked to snuggle with me on the floor, and Sparkle soon joined us.

Wander likes being early, but the parking lot was empty when we arrived, so we drove around a bit looking at Christmas lights. A neighborhood next to church does a great display.

We got to church early and sat way in front. We got to see the procession bring in baby Jesus and lay him in the manger. I loved that moment.

The girls were tired but made it through. At the end the pastor said that it would be his last Christmas mass with us. I felt sad when I heard that, although I wasn't surprised.

Santa visited our house while we were at mass. Suddenly the girls had tons of energy. Glitter the camera phone that she'd been wanting. Sparkle got a Nutcracker snow globe.

Glitter is writing a thank you note to Santa as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment