Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Ballet Photos

We missed photo day at the dance studio, so two weeks ago I took some pictures of Sparkle in her ballet costume at home. She just got home from ballet class, so her bun is a bit untidy, but I was too lazy to hair-spray it down.

Here are my two favorite poses.


Here is Sparkle doing a pose from her dance, and pretending to be "Marie in Fourth Position" in the Degas sculpture.


Then this past week was her last day of dance class, and we got to take pictures. The girls got to wear skirts to class as a special treat. The normal dance attire is a black leotard, pink tights, pink shoes, and no skirts.




We also got the DVD of the ballet/recital that day, and Sparkle was so excited to see herself. She kept bouncing around exclaiming "that's me!" We watched the DVD twice that night, with Sparkle and Glitter dancing along to all the parts.

I'm still peeved at my folks for never buying any of the videos of my recitals.

No comments:

Post a Comment