Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Success with Plan B!

After all the mischief at last week's concert, I was a bit leery of taking the girls to this week's concert. Once again it would be just the three of us as Wander was packing for the weekend's camping trip. However, there are only a few concerts each summer, and I had a new plan. We'd tried sitting at the front of the lawn. We'd tried sitting in the regular seats. This time we'd sit way at the top of the lawn far away from anyone.

It worked! Thank goodness too, as the theme for the program was "Dancing Beneath the Stars." Before the concert, the girls roamed the hill. I made the girls walk, but I saw lots of other kids running around and this time no-one seemed to telling kids to stop running. After the concert started, one of the blue shirts told a family next to us that the kids couldn't run around anymore, and I quickly reigned in my girls. However, as there was no-one behind us, they were free to dance in place. Sparkle even tried out some of the steps from her ballet performance.

Glitter was enraptured the few times there were dancers on the stage with the musicians. Sparkle was tickled by the "tails" on the coat of one of the male dancers (dancing Fred and Ginger style). A couple of times the conductor invited the audience to dance along, so I obliged. I had a tough time when Sparkle kept insisting on leading me in an underarm turn (she wanted me to twirl under her arm), but otherwise had a good time. It was a bit warm, but not too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment