Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, September 11, 2010

books

One of my main problems with books is that I have a hard time pacing myself when I find a book that I really enjoy.

At the library this week, I picked up a copy of "The Hunger Games." I wanted a light read while grabbing a snack after the kids were in bed, so I started the book. I kept telling myself that I'd read only a little bit more before going to bed. It was almost four o'clock when I gave up. Wander had to get up early in the morning, and he found me face down in the book, sleeping. I woke up just long enough to realize that I really needed some sleep. I dragged myself upstairs and turned up the volume on my alarm clock as loud as I could.

The main thing that drove me awake in the morning was the knowledge that I had to be read for my daily morning meeting with the girls. If I didn't make it to the meeting on time, I'd loose what little credibility I had with the girls on getting *them* to do their morning routines in time.

I put the sequel on hold at the library, but I don't expect to get it for another month or two. It's really tempting to order it on m kindle. Then I could start reading it in under 60 seconds. But then, I probably wouldn't put it down either, and the house is a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment