Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

science museum class

Every month last year when Sparkle had her science museum classes, Glitter and I would watch the chemistry demo in the exhibit hall. I always wondered each time if Glitter would finally realize that she's seen the show before.

Before the show started I reminded Glitter that if she wanted to participate, she would have to raise her hand. She is usually fairly quiet in group activities and rarely volunteers. However, the activity pictured below is one of her favorites, and Glitter's hand shot up when she saw the special container. She rubs her hands together to make them warm, and then the heat from her hands makes the gas in the vial expand so that the red liquid shoots up to the top. Glitter's done it at least three times.


2 comments:

  1. I have two Holy Family shirts that some of these kids wear. Do you want them? Someone gave them to me but we don't do museum days, so we don't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I already bought the shirts. In fact, I forgot to wash them separately and one of them bled all over the kid's laundry. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete