Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Monday, July 20, 2009

First Grade Plans

This time last year I was excited about starting homeschooling and had all these plans for what to do with Kindergarten. Little did I know that I would change up everything many times over.


This year, I once again am excited to be planning the upcoming year. Once again, I think that I have a great plan. However, this time I know, and don't care, that the plan might go to pieces as soon as the school year starts.


Anyway, here's the plan for Sparkle:


For language arts we'll continue my customized program of dictation, copywork, and analysis. That covers spelling/phonics, handwriting, and grammar.


For reading comprehension we'll continue to use the McCall-Crabbs test lessons in reading.


For math, we'll continue RightStart Math, math fact drill worksheets, and word problems. I was looking at different math programs for a while but haven't found anything I like better.


We'll continue to use Anki for memory work and Chinese.


We'll do one "content" subject with narration per day: history, science, or other.


Glitter will continue The Reading Lesson, and Kumon Tracing.


Most of the schooling will be Monday - Thursday, and Friday is saved for activities with our homeschool group.

Of course, we'll still have morning music, lunchtime listening, bedtime book, poetry teatime, library visits, nature walks, and dance class.

No comments:

Post a Comment