Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Friday, December 18, 2009

A busy day

This morning Sparkle had a Winter Party at her school. Glitter and I got to visit her class and enjoy the festivities. I got to peek around the classroom and see the stuff that she had been talking about, like the heart-shaped paperweight/picture frame on her teacher's desk with the picture of her teacher and the teacher's husband. They even had extra goodies and Glitter spent the entire time with a series of candy canes in her mouth. When one was gone, she magically got another one.

Here is Sparkle with her teacher at he favorite part of the classroom - the "smart table."


Then this afternoon, after early release from school, we joined the homeschool group for the cookie exchange. We met at a park and set the cookies on the table. Then the kids ran off and played and played and played. The kids got to eat as many cookies as they wanted, but mostly they chose to play instead. I think that I was the only mom who ate more than two cookies.

On the way home Glitter asked when she would have her nap. I asked her if she wanted one. She said no, and I asked if I could have it since she didn't want it. She agreed. However, halfway home, she fell asleep in the car. So I didn't get to take a nap after all.

1 comment:

  1. Man, we were so busy today that we never got to the park. I am so upset. I would have eaten and enjoyed way more than one cookie. I am glad you had some for me! Sorry to have missed the time with your girls as well.

    ReplyDelete