Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lenten Crown of Thorns, revisited

I think that the Lenten Crown of Thorns that I tried out this year was a mixed success.

The girls really liked getting to pull out a toothpick from the crown when they did something especially nice or good. Even Glitter got good breaking off the toothpicks that were too deeply embedded in the dough to pull out.

Mostly I had a hard time figuring out when the girls could get to pull out a thorn. They weren't interested in giving up any chance for candy or dessert. They are usually helpful when asked. Several times when both girls wanted the same thing (like being first) I was able to ask one of them to give up the opportunity and then she got to take out a toothpick instead. However, on the whole I was at a lost for what the girls could do to earn those toothpicks.

We might try it again next year. For now I need to figure out what to do with the one we have now.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe make it up to them. We use a wreath so that we can add them back in if needed. That way I can let them take them out as they see fit. Just a thought. I pray that you all had a wonderful Easter!!

    ReplyDelete