Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hollering

Two Fridays ago Sparkle got in trouble because she didn't come when I called to her that it was time to leave. As a consequence, we didn't go play at the park last Friday. It might be a co-incidence, but I've also been really, really, really grouch this past week.

Today I decided that Sparkle (and Glitter) need more practice in coming when called when they are out playing. We had lunch at their favorite place - McDonald's with a playroom. After barely touching their chicken nuggets, they wanted to go play. I told them that they could play, as long as they came right away when I called. If they didn't come, we would have to leave. Both girls nodded their agreement and ran off to play.

Every few minutes I called them back to me. Each time that they came, I hugged them and told them that because they came right away, they could play a bit longer. I went easy on Glitter and only called her after making eye contact with her; but with Sparkle, a few times I waited until her back was turned before calling her. Sparkle even got a bit paranoid and ran to me a few times when I didn't call her. Better safe than sorry.


We all had a good time and Glitter got good and tired for her afternoon nap. Here's to hoping that our next park day is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment