Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Beatles

When the girls and I were at Walmart a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the display poster at the entrance for Rockband / The Beatles. The girls didn't give it a second glance.

So, this past week when I was wondering what to play for morning music, I decided to try The Beatles. At the beginning of the week, Sparkle kept getting The Beatles mixed up with The Beach Boys, which we had listened to earlier. However, by the end of the week she could sort of tell them apart. For some reason Sparkle was really curious about how many Beatles there were. I kept telling her to remind me after breakfast, and we'd look it up, but both of us kept forgetting by the time breakfast was over. Glitter was super silly about the name and wondered it they dressed up as bugs.

Then I ended up going to Walmart again at the end of the week. This time Sparkle honed in on the poster excitedly pointing it out to me. "Look Mom, it's The Beatles!" Yup, it sure is, as if I hadn't been planning it all along. Sparkle was able to see the picture finally could tell that there were four of them. Glitter wasn't with me, or she could have seen that they wore normal clothes. Then I reminded Sparkle about how she got to play Rockband when we went to visit her uncle.



So, it's not a big musical discovery, but I'm adding a little bit of cultural literacy to the kids lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment