Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 31, 2009

All Saints Party

Last Sunday was our homeschool group's All Saints Party. A member family that lives on a not-too-distant farm hosts the party. This was our second year attending, and had a fabulous time again.

Sparkle dressed up as Saint Therese, the Little Flower, from her Little Flowers class. I gave Sparkle a short biography of Saint Therese to read, and she was entranced by the idea of Therese's older sister Pauline becoming Therese's "little mother" when their own mother died. Sparkle wanted me to dress up as Pauline, but I didn't have time to sew another costume for myself. Glitter, wanting to be like her big sister in all things, was also Saint Therese.



The party is out in the country.


Here are the girls with their roses. (The accessories are sometimes the best way to identify the saint.)


The highlight of the party is the parade of saints.


For the games that the families set up for the kids, I lucked out and another family asked us to join up with them. Working together with the other family was nice because that way we were able to take turns guiding the little ones through the various booths. Plus, the other family set up everything about the game, including some great prizes. I just had to print up some holy cards and help out with the booth. It was a cute St. Peter's fishing game, and the kids loved it. Several kids came back to play again and again, even though they only got a prize the first time.



One of the funnest parts of the party was the hay ride to feed the cows. Wander took the girls while I was working the game, but when I was free, I hopped on for a ride. Wander and the girls waved to me as we drove by. The cows were amazing. They had huge horns. I was still wary of the cow in our neighborhood that tried to eat Sparkle's dress a few years ago, so I kept my distance.



All too soon the sun set, and it was time to go home. We are truly blessed with some wonderful friends in our group to put in all the effort to make the party such a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment