Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 10, 2009

canceled

A local ballet company schedules a free performance at the local pavilion once every year. It's the only place where I can drag Wander out to see the ballet (other than when his kids are on stage).

The girls and I were looking forward to seeing the ballet last night. This year it was "Swan Lake." We played the music from the ballet at morning music every breakfast this week. We checked out books with the story for the ballet so that they would be familiar with it when we went to see the performance. We drove over to the pavilion early so that we could catch the pre-show performances.

It was raining, but I wasn't too concerned. We had umbrellas, and the pavilion had covered seats. The last time Sparkle and I went to the ballet, the two of us watched the ballet, huddled under the same umbrella that I was carrying.

It was raining and the show was canceled. Arg. This is becoming a habit. Once the ballet was canceled mid-season, but I didn't know because I had an old event listing from early in the season. Another year a hurricane put the pavilion temporarily out of business. Then this year - rain again.

The girls were cold. I was grumpy. Wander took us home and told me to make chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment