Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 10, 2009

yuck

Cancer is reaching out its tendrils and grabbing people all around. A mom from the homeschool group has been fighting it since before I met her when she joined a playgroup I was in. Several other members of the homeschool group bring us updates from still other people with cancer. Wander tells me about his co-workers and adventure friends suffering from cancer. A friend from my quilting bee recently was diagnosed with cancer and underwent surgery earlier this week. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. I hate it. And why are so many of the victims mothers, and mothers with young children? I just can't deal with it as graciously as the ladies around me.

1 comment:

  1. I think you deal with it better than I do. I am so impressed with how strong of a person you are. I am sure that these stories hurt you deeper than us but seeing how strong you are, gives me hope for the young children. I agree it isn't right, it isn't fair! YUCK!

    ReplyDelete