Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

iPad / iPhone / iTouch

I got to see an iPad at the Apple store this morning. As a homeschooler, I thing the educational possiblities for this device are huge. Unfortunately, if my experience with an iPhone is any indication, it will be difficult to find quality apps in the deluge of bad apps.

I wish that I could simply write my own app. Hum. Deja vu. It was around this time last year when I discovered GameMaker and Python and wrote my spelling database program. I spent a large amount of my time last summer working on that program. I remember sitting outside the hallway in the library and at dance class typing. Although writing that program was a lot of fun, I eventually abandoned the program because I got burned out on coming up with unique dictation sentences. This year I find myself in a similar position, where I want to write my own homeschooling apps. But, alas, it would cost money to develop my own app and I don't even have the proper hardware, and I don't know how to program, and I write really ugly code.

No comments:

Post a Comment