Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Monday, May 17, 2010

strange dream last night

I had a strange dream last night. I dreamt that Glitter was dancing on the half wall by the stairs. Before I could tell her to get down, she fell over the edge. I couldn't reach her fast enough, so I just started praying. Time ceased to have meaning. I waited to hear the thunk that meant she had crashed to the tile floor below. It didn't come, so I just kept praying harder and faster.

Then it was like a scene from a movie. Time went backwards (Superman reversing time after Lois Lane dies.). Glitter reappeared at the edge of the cliff (The man in black reappears when everyone is looking for his remains over the edge of the cliff in The Princess Bride.). Only this time her body was in a different position, clinging to the edge of the half-wall (Han Solo emerging from the Carbonite in The Empire Strikes Back).

I rushed to grab Glitter's arms and pull her back over the edge and the dream ends.

1 comment: