Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

goodbye chair

I'm slowly trying to free myself from some of the junk piling up in the house. The process involves many trips to Goodwill.

Last week, I loaded up the car with usable stuff that is cluttering our lives, including an old mis-matched chair. When Sparkle saw me load it up in the car, she cried out in dismay -- "Oh no! Glitter, Mommy's getting rid of your old chair!" I had no idea she was so attached to the thing. Even though Glitter hasn't used the chair in over a year, Sparkle remembered that it used to be "her" chair. Sparkle and Glitter whipped themselves into a frenzy to defend the chair's place in our home.

Since it's taken me many months to bring myself to part with the chair, I was not going to let a couple of kids deter me from my purpose at the last minute. I told them (and myself) that, yes, it had been Glitter's chair. She got it when Sparkle no longer used it. Before Sparkle, I had used the chair myself. I got the chair from their uncle, when he no longer needed it. And now, it was time for the chair to service another family.

Once we got to Goodwill, I was feeling nostolgic, so I took a picture of the chair before saying goodbye.

f

No comments:

Post a Comment