Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

labeled

Glitter has been running up to me every few minutes showing me her latest creation. I nod and smile as she keeps bringing back bits of paper with more scribbles and color each time, sometimes with extra bits of paper taped on. I have no idea what she is drawing, but she is clearly very proud of it.

I reach down and feel something stuck to me. What's this? A bit of scribbled paper taped to my dress. How'd that get there? I pluck it off and head to the garbage.

Then I do the double take. It's not just random scribbles. It's letters. And it's not just any letters. And it didn't end up on my skirt by accident. Glitter labeled me!



Good thing Glitter is still figuring out letter formation, is a lousy speller, and my name isn't phonetic, or Wander wouldn't want me to post this cute picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment