Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Homeschool Convention

I'm home from a local homeschool convention. I had a wonderful time and learned some neat things and am really excited about starting the new school year. However, I am also exhausted. I'm not used to spending so much time on my feet, and I skipped lunch to shop.

Wander was wonderful and even took a day off work to watch the kids so that I could attend the conference during the day on Friday. Out of all the workshops I attended, I got to listen to two really great speakers, and had to endure only one awful one. I also got to spend hours browsing the exhibit hall convincing myself that no, I don't need to spend the money on that really neat thing.

I also visited the booths for several language arts programs and got to investigate them. As a result I am feeling even more confident that my homegrown language arts is just right for us, right now. I also got a better feel for how the language arts program can grow and expand to the next stage. Furthermore, I was reminded of all the wonderful reasons why I chose RightStart Math, even though I don't enjoy teaching it.

I have a lot of ideas that I want to try out, and a lot of projects that I want to do. I'm looking forward to the new school year.

Here's a picture during a slow time when most people were in workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment