Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Language Arts Overboard

I tend to go overboard on things. If one is good, then three must be better. Or in the case of language arts programs, even more. I have more language arts books than I have fingers. And I don't use any of them.

Most of the books were from PaperbackSwap (practically free). The remaining ones were purchased used for half the cover price or less, often only a couple of dollars. Also none of the books are full language arts programs; most cover only one topic, such as spelling or grammar.

Even though I don't directly use the language arts programs I have, I couldn't have created our current language arts programs without them. By reading over the other programs and comparing them, I was able to find out what topics to teach, what order to teach them in, and different ways to present them.

Also, I got some of the books knowing that I wouldn't use them for years. However, they give me a roadmap of where I'm going. Language arts is Sparkle's strongest subject, and I want to make sure that I stay at least one step ahead of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment