Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

bad poetry

I'm doomed. I thought that I had outgrown the affliction. I had suffered from it more than most when I was in high school. A few symptoms lingered in college. However, after I graduated, it finally stopped. I stopped writing bad poetry. That is to say, I stopped writing poetry.

Fast forward a few years, and the urge to write poetry has now fallen upon Sparkle. She is in love with poetry and making up rhymes. In an effort to save my ears, I picked up a poetry textbook to use with her. Unfortunately, said textbook has renewed my own interest in writing bad poetry. So, if you have been unfortunate enough to read to the end of this paragraph, I implore you to please go to some other web page before encountering bad poetry.

You have been warned.
**
Gurgle goes the little pond.
Crashing water falls from rocks.
Ripples swirl and dance with leaves.
Hear the way that nature talks.
**

Oh, and apologies for the melodrama in this post. Our house has the misfortune to become infested with not one, but two books in A Series of Unfortunate Events.

I started the above poem while on our nature walk on Monday. I finished it a few seconds ago as I typed it.

For balance, here's a much better poem that is completely Sparkle's creation (except for spelling). This poem was inspired by our poetry textbook and the story "Stellaluna."
****
Owl owl in the dim moonlight
How brave of you to fight
Bats and every other thing
It is like you're king.
****

No comments:

Post a Comment