Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

hanging up clothes

I finally got my kids to hang up their clothes!!!!

Well, not all their clothes, but it's a start.

After the girls wore their new dresses for Easter, we weren't sure what to do with the dresses. The dresses aren't appropriate for everyday wear, or even regular Sunday wear. That means that the girls will probably outgrow the dresses before having another occasion to wear them. After much pondering on my part, and much begging on the girls' part, the new dresses became dress-up.

I set-up a new mini-closet in the playroom for the dresses and their other dress-up which had formerly been shoved in a cabinet.

[INSERT PICTURE]

The rule is that the girls have to hang up their clothes. When they put on dress-up, they must hang up their everyday dresses. When they change back, the dress-up must also be hung. Sparkle and Glitter know that if I find their clothes on the floor I'll confiscate the dresses, so they have been very good about hanging up their clothes in the playroom. Now, their real clothes in their room is another matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment