Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm not cut out for this

I'd been dreading today and this weekend. There was lots on the schedule. Our homeschool art club scheduled for this morning and the mom who is normally in charge is out of town, so I was supposed to lead the group, as well as bring the prints, music, coloring pages, go-along books, etc. This evening Sparkle has her dress rehearsal. Tomorrow Sparle has her recital. The next day Wander will be out of town all day.

Last night my knee decided to play a trick on me again. When I got up from the sofa I found that it hurt too much to straighten my knee. Thankfully, the last time it happened, my knee got better all by itself, so I wasn't worried, but it put a damper on my activities. (In other words, I got a good night's sleep, because I couldn't do anything else.)

This morning I told Sparkle that, in light of the day's ativities, she wouldn't have to do school, as long as she was a good steward of her time. I figured that I could gather the supplies while the kids played. Alas, it was not to be. Sparkle kept getting into fight after fight with her sister. In desparation, I told her to go do school, to prevent further sibling quarrels.

We finally got out the door and on our way to art club. Halfway there, I realized that I had forgotten one of the books I wanted to bring, but it was too late to turn around. We barely made it to the park before our official starting time. I told the girls they couldn't play on the playground because it is so difficult to call them back, especially when I can't walk well. Instead, I got out one of the books and started to go through it with the girls. I enjoyed discussing the pictures with Sparkle and Glitter and showing them the visual tricks that the artist used; however, the girls kept popping up whenever they heard a car go by. Then the girls drew for a while. Sparkle decided to try to re-create one of the pictures from the book. When she was done, I released the girls to the playground. Then we came home.

Turns out that I shouldn't have worried. I didn't have to do a thing.

1 comment:

  1. I goofed. I am so sorry. I forgot all about it. We had planned on going and then as I got out of the shower this morning at 10:45 am I remembered. I am still trying to catch up on paper and computer work. Sorry. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete