Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Floating Balloon

Sparkle and Glitter got balloons at a birthday party this morning. Later in the day, one of the balloons had sunk to the floor, so I untied the string, as I normally do. When I removed the string, the balloon hung in mid-air! It's always fun when a balloon reaches this magic point where it is just buoyant enough to stay in the air, but not float away.

The balloon barely moved during the several seconds it took to take these two pictures. After I took the first picture, I crouched down to get a different angle. You can see that the balloon is just below the edge of the counter in the first picture and just above the counter in the second.


When Sparkle was done playing with the balloon, she dutifully put it away. Here it is where she put it, floating just above the ball box.

No comments:

Post a Comment