Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Monday, February 2, 2009

Nature Walk

We went to the gardens next to the library as usual today. Sparkle wanted to draw something right away, so I decided to try drawing first and then wandering afterwards. It worked fairly well.

Sparkle found a sweetgum pod(?) and perched on a giant rock to draw it. Glitter wandered around looking for toys in my bag. I got really nervous when it looked like Glitter might scratch the magnifying glass on the rock, but I was able to save it.



Pictures done, we started to wander. We hadn't gone far when Sparkle saw this neat spider web. There was no spider, thought.







Glitter liked to wander looking for swings and wanted to play in the water. I saw a pretty orange butterfly and pointed out to Sparkle how it flew from flower to flower. She got so excited chasing after it that she ran over Glitter.

We also noticed some grass that was like last week and I measured it. There were some uncut blades that were 7" tall. Most of the cut blades of grass were closer to 2"-3" tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment