Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Wander's Surgery

Wander had some surgery done today. The girls and I dropped him off at the surgery center this morning. Since it would take two to four hours before he could go home, the girls and I gave him hugs and prayers and then went home for school, lunch, and play.

When I went to pick up Wander in the afternoon, it was Glitter's nap time, and she fell asleep in the car. Fortunately, a very helpful nurse wheeled a very woozy Wander to the car, and the girls never had to unbuckle.



After we got home, I helped Wander staggered from the car to the living room floor.


Eventually he felt well enough to move to the kitchen to eat something. I thought that it would be amusing to have a picture of him leaning on me, since he is so much bigger than me. So, I gave Sparkle the camera. Here is the uncropped picture she took. You can see my hand, and a sliver of my dress and hair in the picture below.


He is doing better now. He is no longer nauseous and can think more clearly. I was able to get the prescription for his pain medication filled, no thanks to the very unhelpful staff at a particular pharmacy that I'll no longer be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment