Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Glitter-isms

Glitter is speaking in sentences, and sometimes it's amusing to hear what's going on in the head of a three year old.

You Forgot I Don't Know How to Tell Time
Wander likes the toys to be cleaned up when he gets home from work. So, I often bribe the girls to clean up by putting in a movie after they are done. An added bonus is that the girls don't pull out any more toys, and I can cook supper in peace. Here's a conversation between me a Glitter one morning, well before movie time.
Glitter: "I want that movie with the car in the tree."
Me: "You want to watch the Little People movie?"
Glitter: "Yeah, the Little People movie. Can we watch it?"
Me: "Not now. It's not movie time. Ask me again when it's five o'clock."
Glitter: "Okay."
Pause.
Glitter: "I don't know when that is."
Me (being silly): "You mean you don't know how to tell time?"
Glitter: "No, you forgot. You forgot I don't know how to tell time."
Me (still being silly): "You're right, I must have forgotten that you haven't learned how to tell time."
Glitter: "Yeah, you forgot."
Me: "Hum. Well, does Sister know how to tell time?"
Glitter: "Yes."
Me: "Okay, then you can ask Sister to tell you when it's five o'clock."
Glitter: "Okay."


No Falling Down Pants
Glitter has one pair of pants that are extremely low rise. She no longer wears that pair of pants, but I keep it in her dresser just in case we run out of other pants.
Glitter: "I don't wear those pants. They are falling-down-pants."
Me: "That's right, those pants fall down too easily. We don't use them unless you have no other pants."
Glitter: "I like these pants. They are no-falling-down pants."
Me: "Okay."
Glitter: "I don't use those falling-down pants unless there are no no-falling-down pants."
Me, trying to decipher her double negative: "You mean when there's no more pants that don't fall down?"
Glitter: "Yeah"

Loves Mommy Song
We are in Wander's car, and he usually plays his favorite CDs. The girls have their favorite songs on that CD.
Glitter: "I want 'Loves Mommy' song."
Wander: "Loves Mommy? What song is that?"
Glitter: "Loves Mommy"
Wander: "What song is that? What are the words?"
Glitter: "Loves Mommy"
Wander: "I don't know that song."
Sparkle: "She's a good girl, loves her mommy."
Glitter: "Yea, Loves Mommy"
Wander: "Oh, okay, you mean 'Free Falling.' Here you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment