Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Quilt

A good friend is having her first baby, and I want to make a baby quilt for her.

First I tried to come up with a design. It had to be simple enough to sew in my spare time. The baby is a boy, so it should not be feminine. It should also be something unique. Playing with ideas in my head got me nowhere, so I started messing around in EQ5 (quilt design software). When I got a design that Wander liked, I printed it out and then filled in my spreadsheet to calculate how much fabric I needed.



Then Wander picked out the fabrics for me.


I still have all my old quilting tools for cutting and piecing the top.


I didn't have access to my normal basting table, having not made a quilt in years, but I was able to made do with a little table.


Here are my girls with the finished quilt. I was frantically quilting to get it done in timefor the baby shower, so I didn't stop to take pictures of the quilting process.


Here's the mamma to be. She liked the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment