Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday nature walk

We started the Monday nature walk with Sparkle slipping and scraping her knee. I thought, how ironic, since I just skinned my knee last Friday. I was quite pleased when Sparkle didn't make a big deal out of it. She walked kinda funny for a while, but didn't whine or complain.


At the gardens my current mission was to look for different leaf shapes. I had a printout from the internet with five different leaf shapes (narrow, heart, oval, lobed, divided/parted) and we treated it as a treasure hunt to see if we could find each type of leaf shape. It took a bit of practice, but Sparkle was able to find all of them. The idea of leaf shape was a bit beyond Glitter, but she enjoyed pointing out plants that she liked as well. We saw fuzzy leaves and smooth leaves. There were tiny leaves and giant leaves. I felt like we weren't aimlessly wandering.



The weather was gloomy with light sprinkles, so we didn't do any drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment