Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

P.E. day

Our homeschool group has P.E. on some Fridays of the month. We went to try it out yesterday. Yesterday was volleyball. The mom in charge separated the kids into three groups by age, and they practiced drills.

I had talked to Sparkle about wearing shorts and a t-shirt, but she preferred to wear her normal dress. Here she is about to bump the ball.


Afterwards the older kids played volleyball on the sand courts at the park. However, Sparkle and Glitter preferred to just dig in the sand and play on the playground. Then we had our customary pb&j sandwiches for lunch.

During the course of the morning I skinned my knee, which provided two blessings. (1) I was able to set an example to Sparkle of picking myself up and continuing with the activity without whining and crying. (2) Having an boo-boo helps me be more sympathetic to Sparkle when she gets boo-boos.

No comments:

Post a Comment