Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cubed Cheese

Sparkle likes to eat cheese. I usually buy the big brick of cheddar cheese from Sam's Club and cut it myself, because that is cheaper than buying the cheese already cut into cubes. Then I store the cheese cubes in the freezer.

After I buy the big brick, it usually takes me a few days to muster up the courage to tackle the job of cutting it. The task requires the big cleaver, the right size cutting board, a step stool, and lots of plastic wrap.

Because I'm short, I have to use a step stool to get high enough to push down on the knife to cut all the way through the brick. First, I cut the loaf into 4 or 5 chunks. Then I cut each chunk into slices, then I lay the slices down and cut them into cubes. By the time I'm done cutting, my hands hurt from pressing down on the knife. Finally, I wrap each chunk of cubes in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment