Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

messy mirror

I've had a small mirror on my fridge for several years now. Originally it was just to entertain Sparkle when she was young. Then Glitter came along, and she also liked to look at herself. Recently I realized that Glitter had found a new use for the mirror.

Glitter is a messy eater, but she hates being cleaned up. Now she'll check herself in the mirror and wipe her face and mouth with her napkin until she is presentable. Occasionally we still need to check her, but she usually does a pretty good job.


On similar lines, I've been getting tired of Glitter spilling oatmeal on herself at breakfast. So, this morning I got a napkin and suggested to Glitter that she wear it as a bib. She rejected that idea, declaring that she wasn't a baby. So, I offered a bargain. If she kept clean and didn't spill any oatmeal, she wouldn't have to wear the bib. If she spilled any oatmeal, she would have to submit to the bib/napkin. I've never seen her eat so cleanly! (Side note: after hearing my proposal to her sister, Sparkle tucked her napkin into her dress. Too bad she had already wiped some oatmeal on said napkin.)

No comments:

Post a Comment