Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teatime with Daddy

Wander got home early from work today, just in time for a late afternoon teatime.
I have started doing teatime after picking up Glitter from preschool. There just wasn't enough time in the day to fit in all the school and errands that I wanted during her preschool.

The weather has turned warm, and so I wanted something cooler to drink that hot chocolate. We didn't have any juice or koolaid, but Wander discovered a bottle of lemon juice, so I looked up a recipe for lemonade on the internet. Mix equal parts water, sugar, and lemon. Then add additional water to dilute it until it isn't too strong. I didn't measure, but it turned out pretty good anyway. The half cup of sugar didn't hurt. (Oh and that's not measuring, as I keep a 1/4 cup measuring cup in the sugar canister and dumped in two scoops.)

I'm really loving the poems by A.A. Milne (When We Were Very Young and Now We Are Six). They are a great balance of humor, word play, and insight, and very age appropriate. However, the book that I have is rather unwieldy as it also contains both of the Pooh books. I hope to pick up a smaller volume of just the poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment