Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chuck E Cheese

The girls were invited to a little friend's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.
I struggled with the idea of going to a birthday party on a Monday morning. It would mean skipping school with Sparkle. It would also throw my entire Monday routine out of whack. However, I knew the girls would really enjoy it, and isn't flexibility part of the beauty of homeschooling. So we went.

Sparkle invited Glitter to sit next to her in this car, and both of them seemed to enjoy it. However, as soon as it stopped, Glitter burst into tears and demanded that I lift her down immediately. Then she wouldn't let me put her down and refused any other ride for quite some time, even the gentle toddler rides, saying that she forgot that they were scary.


The funny car ride and the merry-go-round were Glitter's favorites.


The place was empty except for the party, so I let Sparkle roam around pretty much on her own, as long as I could still see her. She liked the more wild rides.


Here's the birthday girl.


I even managed to sneak in a bit of math. When we were out of tokens, it was time to turn in the tickets the girls had been collecting. I fed them into the ticket counting machine ten at a time. I got two receipts worth 20 points each, and then the rest of the receipts were worth 10 points each. I made Sparkle add up how many points total in her head.


So, the girls had fun, even though my normal schedule was shot to pieces. I didn't even start putting away laundry until well after the girls were put to bed in the evening, and I usually like to have most of the laundry done before we go to the library right after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment