Homebody Wander Sparkle (age 8) Glitter (age 6)

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Math in the Car

Today I gave Sparkle a worksheet with a blank hundred chart, and had her write the numbers from 1 to 100. She was still working on it when it was time to go to playgroup. To my surprise, she asked me to get the clipboard so that she could continue working on it in the car. I was so tickled by her, that I took this picture of her working when I was at a stop sign with no-one behind me.



Then of course Glitter wanted me to take her picture too.



I know that it's hard to see Sparkle under that huge hood in the car, so here's another picture of her in the walkway on the way to playgroup, clipboard in hand. She's wearing a fleece cloak that I made for her for Renaissance Festival, which she prefers to her normal coat. (You can also see the flip-flops peeking out under the hem of her dress.)



I really have no idea why Sparkle was so enthusiastic about the hundred chart. When I checked up on her as she finished it at playgroup, I was amused to find that she was filling it out from the outside in. She filled in the left and right columns first, and then went back to write the numbers in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment